Is There a Difference Between Luxury Bath Sheets vs. Bath Towels?
Have you ever seen that massive wall of towels at big stores that leaves you totally mesmerized but also a little bit overwhelmed? We feel the same way. That’s why we are here to tell you everything you need to know about luxury bath towels, bath sheets, and everything in between. That way, you can get the right sizes and amounts of the best luxury towels around for a top-of-the-line linen closet that rivals the towel wall!
What Are the Different Sizes of Towels?
Believe it or not, but there are actually several different types of towels in addition to bath sheets and actual bath towels. It’s always a good idea to have a variety of different sizes of towels so that you can use them for different purposes. Obviously, not everyone is an expert in towels so we are here to help break down all the different sizes and uses for you so that you can completely stock your linen closet with the perfect variety of towels:
- Washcloth: A washcloth is the smallest type of towel that comes in a square shape and measures 13 inches by 13 inches. It is designed to wash your body in the shower or the bathtub.
- Finger towel: A finger towel is bigger than a washcloth but smaller than a hand towel. It comes in a rectangular shape that measures 11 inches by 18 inches. It is designed to dry off your hands and fits well in small bathrooms or even powder rooms.
- Hand towel: A hand towel is bigger than a finger towel. Its measurements range from 16 inches by 28 inches to 20 inches by 30 inches. It is designed to dry off hands and other smaller areas of moisture and fits well in a bathroom.
- Bath towel: Bath towels are probably what you initially think of when you think about a regular old towel. The measurements of these towels range from 27 inches by 52 inches to 30 inches by 56 inches. This makes them the perfect thing to dry off your body after a shower or bath. They are ideal for use in small bathrooms, kids’ bathrooms, or guest bathrooms.
- Bath sheet: Bath sheets are the biggest type of towel available! They range in size from 35 inches by 60 inches to 40 inches by 70 inches. These towels are quite big and really provide a lot of surface area and coverage to dry off with. These towels are ideal for use in master bathrooms, large bathrooms, or even for a day at the pool or the beach!
What Are the Different Materials for Towels?
While there are a few different materials available for towels, the best material is definitely cotton. This is because cotton is soft yet absorbent -- making it the perfect fabric to dry your body with after taking a bath or shower. That being said, not all cotton towels are created equal because there are different types of cotton out there that range from high quality to low quality. So how can you tell the difference and find a towel that feels amazing, is absorbent, and dries quickly? The key here is to look for long-staple cotton that is of the highest quality around. Miracle Brand, for example, makes all its towels using long-staple Indian cotton that is famous for its quality and has been used in textiles all around the world for centuries. At the same time, you have to remember that quality material needs to be combined with quality manufacturing in order to actually have a quality product that’s worth buying. This is why the Miracle Brand produces all its towels in specialized Turkish factories so that they can produce soft, quality, and long-lasting towels fit for a king!
How Do Silver Towels Work?
Sure, cotton is the best material for towels but only when it’s combined with silver fibers as well. But why silver? Silver has natural antibacterial properties as its positive ions attract bacteria and germs like a magnet, killing 99.9% of them in the process! This means that you don’t have to wash silver-infused towels as much as regular towels. This is also way better for your skin as you aren’t exposing yourself to bacteria every time you go to dry off. Miracle Brand incorporates 5% silver fibers into 95% cotton to create towels that are quick-drying, antibacterial, and consistently odor-free.
How to Choose the Best Luxury Towels
Obviously, when it comes to luxury towels, quality is key. But how can you determine quality when shopping online? There are a few things that you can look for. The first thing you need to check out are actual customer reviews. That way, you can see what people think about the product before you try it out for yourself. Another thing that you need to look for is customer services as it relates to risk-free trials and product warranties -- both things that Miracle Brand offers all its customers. Clearly, these products are the best and are definitely needed in your linen closet.
How to Care for Luxury Towels
Luxury towels require a bit more care to actually keep them nice and luxurious! That being said, it doesn’t have to be a difficult process -- it just takes commitment and routine in order to keep your towels in tip-top shape for a long time. Here are some towel care tips to extend the life of your luxury towels:
- The first step to caring for luxury towels involves washing them on a regular basis and not over-using them. Experts recommend that you wash regular towels after every three uses and that you allow them to dry completely in between uses. If you’re using a damp towel or a towel that has been used more than three times, you’re essentially rubbing your body with nasty bacteria that can easily cause acne, skin infections, and skin irritation.
- The second step to caring for luxury towels involves washing them correctly. Even though it may be tempting to just throw your towels into the wash with the rest of your laundry, we recommend washing towels separately from the rest of your laundry and only washing towels together if they are similarly colored to prevent color transfers and bleeding. We also recommend washing towels in cold water with liquid laundry detergent -- no powder detergent or fabric softener is necessary when washing luxury towels.
- The third step to caring for luxury towels involves drying them correctly. After your towels are nice and clean from the washing machine, remove them and throw them into the dryer on low heat. Remove them from the dryer as soon as the cycle is finished.
- The last and final step to caring for luxury towels involves storing and keeping them correctly. After going through the laundry, inspect your towels for loose threads and gently cut them off with a pair of scissors so that they don’t turn into a bigger issue and end up ruining the towel! Also, avoid using these types of ingredients around your towels as it may lead to bleached spots: benzoyl peroxide, alpha-hydroxy acids, and chlorine bleach.
As you can see, there is a difference between bath sheets and bath towels -- and there are other differences between towels that you should now be aware of. Now that you’re a certified towel expert, it’s time for you to use your knowledge for good and buy the best luxury towels that money can buy from the Miracle Brand.