How to Properly Care for and Wash Luxury Sheets
5 min read
Luxury sheets are an amazing addition to any bedroom.
There’s really nothing better than crawling into a bed with high-end sheets that are super soft after a long, hard day. That being said, if you want to continue enjoying your luxury sheets, then you need to take care of them to help them last well into the future. On the other hand, if you still aren’t convinced that you even need luxury sheets in the first place -- you have come to the right place. Read on to learn everything you need to know about buying and caring for luxury sheets:
What Separates Luxury Sheets From the Rest?
If you haven’t really thought much about your sheets in the past, now is definitely the time to start. Odds are that you don’t know what you’ve been missing out on! Of course, the easiest thing to do is to just go to your typical big box store and buy the first set of sheets that catch your eye either due to the color/design or the price. But this is probably not the best way to go about it. When it comes to sheets, you really get what you pay for, and sheets should be treated as a long-term investment into your health and comfort due to how much time you spend in contact with them!
That’s why luxurious sheets really are that much better. Just think about what makes hotel sheets so nice. Now, imagine having sheets of that quality in your bed for you to sleep on every single night. It will feel like you’re living in a hotel -- and who doesn’t want that? Since we spend at least 50 hours a week in our sheets, it’s definitely one of the best areas for you to “treat yourself” to a luxury product that feels amazing and can help you get a good night’s sleep on a regular basis.
What Is the Best Material for Luxury Sheets?
When it comes to regular bed sheets, you will likely see a variety of different materials from cotton to polyester, flannel to linen, and bamboo to silk. Obviously, the best material for sheets might be a personal preference but when it comes to quality and luxury, nothing is better than classic cotton. We know what you’re thinking -- how can such a basic material like cotton be considered “luxurious”? Well, as it turns out, not all cottons are the same and some are definitely better than others in terms of quality and feel. There are different staple lengths and weave patterns that determine the overall feel of the material.
Egyptian cotton is known as one of the best types of cotton material out there, but it can cost you a pretty penny and is above many people’s price range when it comes to bed sheets. The good news is that you don’t have to spend a fortune on luxurious cotton sheets! In fact, the Miracle Brand has sheets that are made out of high-quality Supima cotton with long staple cotton fibers. These fibers are known as some of the best in the world and definitely rival the more expensive Egyptian cotton variety. At the same time, these sheets won’t break the bank! In fact, a queen sheet set from the Miracle Brand’s Extra Luxe product line will only set you back about $169. When you think about how much use you will get out of this item, this price point is quite affordable!
What Is the Best Brand of Luxury Sheets?
Just because a sheet is marketed as “luxury” it doesn’t necessarily mean that it will live up to your high standards. So how do you know where to find the best products on the market? If you are looking for true quality and luxury, just take a look at the Miracle Brand’s products! Not only are their sheet sets made with the best cotton, but they also contain silver fibers for antibacterial properties. Yes, that’s right -- your sheets can actually kill bacteria thanks to the positive ions in silver that suck in bacteria like a vacuum. Obviously, this property is beneficial for a whole host of reasons:
- Sheets infused with natural silver fibers don’t have to be washed as often as regular sheets since they are able to kill bacteria and remain odor-free for three times as long as regular sheets! This means that instead of washing them every week, you can wash them every three weeks. Just think of all the time and money you can save over time by making this investment.
- Sheets infused with natural silver fibers are better for your skin and can help prevent breakouts and other skin irritations. When you’re sleeping in bacteria-filled sheets, this bacteria gets into your skin and can cause blemishes. Since silver sheets are antibacterial, you can achieve better skin literally overnight!
- Sheets infused with natural silver fibers are still just as soft and breathable as regular sheets. This means that you will be as comfortable and cool as ever without having to worry about bacteria and germs in your bed.
How to Properly Care for Luxury Sheets?
While different types of luxury sheets will have different care instructions, here are some general tips to follow to keep your luxury sheets in tip top condition well into the future:
- If you want your sheets to last, you need to be mindful of what you are putting in them! This means no eating in bed. No pets in bed. Showering before bed. Etc.
- If you want your sheets to last, you have to address any stains that occur due to bodily fluids, sweat, body oils, etc. right off the bat. By ignoring these issues, you are hurting your sheets (and yourself) in the process.
- If you want your sheets to last, make sure to wash them regularly. If you were one of those people who never washed their sheets, now is the time to change your life for the better!
How to Wash Luxury Sheets?
Speaking of washing sheets, what’s the best way to wash luxury sheets to keep them looking and feeling brand new? There are a few different ways that you can wash luxury sheets, so try out these different methods and find the one that you like the best and that works well with your sheet set:
- Separate your sheets from the rest of your laundry and only wash them with other bedding in like colors.
- Set the washing machine to hot and add in the proper amount of liquid detergent. Add in your sheets. Skip extras like fabric softener and powder detergent that just don’t mix well with luxury sheets.
- If you have stains in your sheets from sweat or body oil, you will need to take extra steps to remove them by adding in laundry boosters such as Borax, white vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice.
- Once your sheets are nice and clean, transfer to the dryer and set it to tumble dry on low heat.
- Remove your sheets as soon as they are dry and either fold and store them or put them back onto your bed.
As you can see, luxury sheets are a solid investment for anyone who values quality and comfort. When you buy luxury sheets from the Miracle Brand, they will pay for themselves in no time thanks to saved laundry costs. Just make sure to keep up with the care of your bedding so that you can really get your money’s worth.