Have you ever thought of sheets as an investment? Probably not. However, you may want to consider this line of thinking once you read about what luxe sheets can do for your life. We know what you’re thinking...they’re just sheets. How can they matter that much? You’d really be surprised by the difference that great sheets can have on your life. So read on to learn why you should be making an investment in luxe sheets.
Why Do You Need Luxe Sheets?
Sure, luxe sheets are nice, but do you really need them? As it turns out, you really do! Your bedding has a huge impact on how well you sleep at night. After all, there’s nothing better than crawling into a nice soft bed after a long day. Clean and soft sheets can put you to sleep right away rather than laying there tossing and turning all around. But that’s not all, certain types of luxe sheets can also benefit your skin and overall health as a result of their self-cleaning nature. So say goodbye to insomnia, acne, and illnesses when you invest in luxe sheets.
What Are the Best Materials for Luxe Sheets?
By far the best material for luxe sheets is cotton. Cotton is super soft, breathable, and durable. When it comes to buying cotton luxe sheets, be sure to look for varieties that come from long-staple cotton as it’s a better quality product. Also, be sure to pay attention to the weave of the material -- we personally love a sateen weave that is nice and silky smooth.
What Thread Count Is Considered “Luxe”?
There’s a lot of hype out there surrounding thread counts. Many people assume that they have to have a super high thread count sheet in order for it to be considered “luxe.” However, that’s not necessarily the case. Even though thread count can affect how soft and luxurious sheets feel, it only really matters up to a certain point. For example, many people think that they have to have sheets with a thread count of at least 800. However, there’s not really much of a difference in feel between 500 thread count sheets and 1,000 thread count sheets. On the other hand, there is a big difference in price between the two. That’s why we recommend that you forget about obsessing over sheets with extremely high thread counts and just stick to sheets that have a thread count of around 500 or so. The “sweet spot” range for thread count is from about 300 to 500. Anything less than 300 won’t be very comfortable, whereas anything above 500 will be super expensive and not worth the price.
The Best Luxe Sheets
When it comes to buying luxe sheets, you really want to make sure that you buy the best. After all, it really is an investment! It may be hard to think of sheets as an investment but once you think about how much time you spend in them on a daily basis, it makes sense that you would want to shell out a bit more money for the best product. But what is the best product?
Far and away, the best luxe sheets are those made by the Miracle Brand. Sheets from the Miracle Brand are like nothing you’ve ever seen before! Not only do they feel amazing, but they are also made up of amazing technology as well. Yes, sheets can have technology -- and here’s how. Silver fibers are incorporated into additional cotton fibers for antibacterial properties. This is because silver has natural antibacterial capabilities thanks to its chemical makeup consisting of positive ions. Its positive ions are able to grab a hold of bacteria and germs within your sheets, neutralizing it and preventing it from spreading throughout your bedding. In fact, studies have shown that the Miracle Brand’s sheets can eliminate 99.9% of bacteria! They also always remain odor-free.
Obviously, this technology alone definitely makes these sheets luxe -- but what about the feel? As it turns out, the silver fibers have no effect on the overall feel of the sheets. And since the Miracle Brand uses high-quality US-grown Supima cotton in its Extra Luxe Sheet Set, you can rest assured that they will have an ultra-luxurious, smooth, and silky feel. 95% of the sheet is made up of Supima cotton fibers whereas the other 5% are the silver-infused fibers. This translates into a super-soft sheet that will make you feel like you’re staying in a five-star hotel while also being able to essentially clean itself! If you’re looking to do less laundry, these sheets are definitely the product for you as you can get away with washing them three times less often than regular sheets.
How to Care for Luxe Sheets
Since you are making an investment in your new sheets, that means that you also need to know how to take care of them so that you can make them last and really get your money’s worth. A quality set of sheets should last you for years if you take proper care of them. So how can you do that? Here are a few tips that you can follow to help your sheets last for years to come:
- The first step to caring for luxe sheets involves washing them enough. Some people wash their sheets religiously...others not so much. However, when you buy new luxe sheets, you need to commit to washing them on a regular basis so that they stay clean and soft. Experts recommend that you wash your sheets at least every two weeks -- or every week if you are particularly sweaty or oily. On the other hand, if you have silver-infused sheets, that means that they can be washed three times less than regular sheets. This translates into washing them every three to six weeks.
- The second step to caring for luxe sheets involves actually washing them properly! When you wash your sheets, they should only be washed with other bedding in similar colors. We recommend washing your sheets using the warmest water temperature, so that you can really get rid of dirt, germs, bacteria, sweat, etc. We also recommend washing your sheets with liquid detergent rather than powder detergent and skipping the fabric softener as well.
- If you find that your sheets need a deep clean due to sweat stains or body oil stains, then do it! There are several different sheet soaks that you can try out to get rid of these pesky stains once and for all. You may want to try out using Borax, white vinegar, baking soda, or lemon juice to get these stains out and properly sanitize your sheets.
- After your sheets are 100% clean, you need to dry them properly. This involves tumble drying them on low heat until they are totally dry. Alternatively, you can also hang them up to dry in the sun outside if you are really looking to use nature to your advantage! Just make sure that they are completely dry before you either fold them or put them back on your bed.
- Finally, maintain your sheets by clipping off any loose threads that could end up unraveling down the line. Fold and store them in a dry location until the next use!
Buying luxe sheets is a solid investment that you will enjoy for years to come. Just make sure to start with high-quality sheets and take care of them throughout their lifetime so that you can really get the most bang for your buck.